DNA Legal, a part of DNA Worldwide, are the UK's leading provider of DNA, Drug and Alcohol Testing to the legal sector. They required an end-to-end application to support their nationwide network of sample collectors, whether in the office or on the road, fulfilling thousands of collections a year.
We worked with their management and sample collection teams to create a secure, reliable and scalable solution using the latest web and mobile technologies. Our solution has reduced the time and cost involved in sample collection by eliminating paper forms, as well as improving the security and integrity of collected data.
Since completing the applications, we've continued to work with DNA Legal providing Maintenance and Support services to support the launch, usage and growth of the application.
At the core of our solution was a custom web application built on the Symfony Framework. Leveraging Symfony's industry-leading security and HTTP foundations, our solution allows users to securely manage the entire collection lifecycle, fully synchronised with their internal systems.
- Symfony-based web application
- Extensive API integration with internal system
- Secure user authentication and account management
- Multiple user roles and permissions
- Collection data management and processing
- PDF generation and storage solution
- Message queue system for performance and scalability
- Private high-performance REST API for connected services
- Modern, mobile-friendly user interface
While the web application provided a mobile-friendly interface for sample collectors when they are on the road, the need for an internet connection meant that it wasn't always able to be used. Our solution to this was to create a hybrid mobile app that provided offline functionality, as well as number of other benefits that a bespoke mobile app can provide.
- Hybrid mobile app supporting iOS and Android
- Fully integrated with the web application via its REST API
- Login functionality with PIN protection and time-based lockout
- Collection of various types of data, including images taken from the device, signatures and barcode scanning
- Loading of data for collections when online that's stored for use when offline
- Ability to input all collection data whether online or offline
- Pushing of collection data saved when offline to the web application once online
- Extensive user settings and app options