Location: Central Bristol
Salary: Competitive - according to experience
We're recruiting for a Lead Developer to join our fast-growing software and infrastructure consultancy team based in central Bristol.
You will be leading the development and maintenance of enterprise-level modern web applications, where you will have the opportunity to take a leading role in the company’s projects and future, work with the latest open-source software and infrastructure, and lead a small growing team of developers. This role would suit a Lead Developer looking for a new challenge, or a Senior Developer looking to move to a lead role.
Our typical application technology stack includes a PHP (Symfony) back-end, React front-end, PostgreSQL, and, where suitable, Redis, Elasticsearch and RabbitMQ.
You would be responsible for the following:
- Leading the requirement gathering, researching, and conceiving of new web applications
- Developing and maintaining medium to large scale web applications either within a small team or on your own
- Helping ensuring projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Assisting and mentoring team members
- Leading improvements to the tools and processes used by the team, and ensuring that knowledge is shared
- Assisting with the recruitment of new developers as the company continues to grow
- Occasionally attending client meetings and liaising with account managers throughout projects
- A minimum of 3 years demonstrable commercial experience in a similar role or a senior development role
- Full-stack development skills, extensive experience in PHP with MySQL/MariaDB or PostgreSQL
- Strong knowledge of modern PHP 7 development, object-oriented design patterns, PHP frameworks (Symfony or Laravel), and test-driven development
- Enthusiasm for all aspects of development and problem solving, and keen to learn and share knowledge
- A highly driven working attitude and high attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to explain issues clearly and simply, both verbally and in writing
- Experience working with Docker and CI/CD systems is highly desirable
What we offer team members:
- Ability to work with the latest development technologies, tools and processes, largely on greenfield projects
- Competitive salary with regular reviews
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- 20 days holiday plus bank holiday and additional discretionary holiday over Christmas in addition to your holiday allowance
- Free breakfast, snacks and drinks
- Regular after-work socials
- Annual development budget for conferences and/or courses
To apply for this role, email email@example.com with your CV detailing your relevant experience and knowledge, as well as your salary expectations.